Authentic goods with an uncommon touch and an engaging story. Knowing how it's made & who made it. Celebrating the vibrant community of creatives. Curating well-designed products and innovative ideas. Direct-sourcing from the designer / creator. Pairing local & international designs. People & objects which inspire.
UNCOMMONS: Authentic goods with an uncommon touch and an engaging story. Shared in a simple space, designed to highlight unique products and the creatives behind them. In short objects which inspire.
WHO ARE WE?: The Uncommons is a boutique retail concept space crafted by a small team of passionate designers who opened shop in 2012. We are currently located in Calgary, Alberta (Canada).
OUR BULLET-POINT MANIFESTO
- Celebrate the vibrant community of creatives and foster new connections.
- Introduce well-designed products and innovative ideas to new audiences within our city.
- Create an immersive experience which promotes exploration,interaction and conversation.
- Direct traffic to our creative partners product lines and supporting online channels.
- Provide thoughtful alternative to impersonal mass-produced, mass-merchandised commodity products.
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!: As important as our virtual world is, we still believe in the positive impact a brick & mortar space can have on a community. We believe our physical landscape can be as amazing as our digital one.
This is why we’ve selected a beautiful heritage space nestled in the heart of Inglewood (Calgary’s oldest & founding community). Inglewood has and continues to have a rich history of supportive artisan shops and studios. As the area builds its reputation in the modern city, it continues to foster a commitment to local independent business through the community Business Revitalization Zone organization.
- The Uncommons Team